WMBC Social Distancing Guidelines
It is natural to have mixed emotions about returning to gathered worship after having been isolated during this season of COVID 19. Of course, we crave the gathering together to worship God as fellow Christ followers and desire seeing friends we haven’t seen in a while. There is, also, a bit of concern because we are still technically in a pandemic and do not want to take unnecessary risks. In our approach to beginning anew on campus services, let’s draw inspiration from how the Message Bible paraphrases Hebrews 10:25, Let’s see how inventive we can be in encouraging love and helping out, not avoiding worshiping together as some do but spurring each other on, especially as we see the big Day approaching.
Steps the church will take:
- All lobby doors will be propped open before and after the services. This will help
- Keep people from needing to touch the door handles.
- Increase air circulation in the lobby.
- Pews will be assigned a color:
- Red pews are for the 8:30a service.
- Blue pews are for the 11a service.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available in the lobby.
- A limited supply of disposable masks will be available.
- Offering plates will not be passed during the services. Offering plates will be available at the entrances to the sanctuary.
- Bathrooms will be limited to one person/family at a time.
- Praise team will only consist of 3-5 people.
- We will continue to live stream the 11a service and post the service later in the day to YouTube and www.whitemarshbaptist.org.
- Until further notice there will be no child care provided during the services nor will Sunday School Classes meet on campus. Children of all ages will be welcome to attend the services. An Infant Care room is available for parents’ use during the services, also.
- A few online gatherings of Bible studies and Sunday School classes are being offered. If you are interested in knowing more, please contact the office.
- The observation of the Lord’s supper will incorporate safety protocols.
Steps you should take:
- If you are in a high-risk category, for your own safety, please consider staying home.
- If you feel ill in any way, please remain home and take advantage of online service options (Facebook Live, YouTube, or www.whitemarshbaptist.org). Only return to the on-campus services once you are feeling better.
- Always maintain social distancing while on our campus. This involves keeping a minimum of six feet from other individuals or family units.
- Stagger your seating in the sanctuary to avoid being directly in front or behind someone.
- Refrain from handshaking, elbow bumping, hugging in the parking lot, lobby, sanctuary.
- Do be creative in your greetings: air hugs, a royal wave, a Beverly Hillbillies wave, Vulcan salute, etc.
- Consider keeping ten feet from any of our senior adults who might be in attendance.
- Wear a mask while inside the building and consider keeping it on while in the parking lot.
- Use the hand sanitizing stations as you enter and leave the building.
One final thought, as we enter into a new phase of reopening with all the adjustments and inconveniences that it brings, let Philippians 2:3-4 (Phillips) shape our attitudes, Now if your experience of Christ’s encouragement and love means anything to you, if you have known something of the fellowship of his Spirit, and all that it means in kindness and deep sympathy, do make my best hope for you come true! Live together in harmony, live together in love, as though you had only one mind and one spirit between you. Never act from motives of rivalry or personal vanity, but in humility think more of each other than you do of yourselves. None of you should think only of his own affairs, but should learn to see things from other people’s point of view.
Your Fellow Traveler!